Sunday, October 21, 2012

Homily: Twenty-Ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time

A common conversation around the water cooler (where you can still find one!) may be to talk less that kindly about the “in-laws.” Well, not in my case.  For one of the biggest blessings in my life was to marry into my wife’s family.  Teresa is one of seven children of Peter and Patricia Poloney.  So trust me, I could start a whole new blog with stories of the great gatherings we have had around the family kitchen table over these many years. Actually those gatherings have been filled with many, many blessings.  And this weekend is one of them as we gather together as family to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of Pete and Pat.  And where else would we start the celebration, other than at the table of the Lord.

Grateful to be asked to preach at their Sunday’s parish mass, click the link to see how I tied in the story of the egocentric James and John who ask to sit on the left and right of Christ….with the lives of my dear in-laws.
Click here for readings
Click here for homily

No comments: